Get Into PHP
Get started learning PHP with the PHP Tutorial of Jobtensor. This tool is intended for everyone who wants to learn PHP programming language, whether your are a beginner or already a pro.
What is PHP?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a popular open source scripting language. It is particularly well suited for web development and much more. PHP is also a server-side scripting language which means that the code is executed in the server.
What can you do with PHP?
PHP has a lot of usage aside from creating web pages. The following are some of them:
- Security – using PHP, developers can implement user authentication for web applications.
- Database-friendly – PHP supports a lot of databases including the most popular ones such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.
- REST and web services – with native support for JSON and XML, creating web services with PHP should be a breeze.
- Ecommerce and CMS – with most CMS written in PHP, developers can create and manipulate themes and plugins easily, making websites and ecommerce platforms more efficient.
- System scripting – using PHP’s command line interpreter, system and site administrators can perform maintenance tasks on servers.
Why use PHP?
- Popularity – because of PHP’s popularity, it has created a huge community. With huge community comes easier and faster support. Documentation is also very extensive.
- Free – as an open-source software, PHP is free to use, thus cutting the development budget.
- Database compatibility – with PHP supporting a wide range of databases, developers are not restricted with their choice of databases.
- Cloud services – Most projects today use cloud computing platforms such as AWS. PHP applications are supported by these cloud services, making it easier to integrate and deploy on cloud servers.